Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, November 2, 2007

8/15/07 WILL'S BIRTHDAY






Our birth story:
Tuesday 8/14/07
Almost 37 weeks pregnant I went to have an ultrasound at my doctor's office around 10:30 am to check weight and position. Since about 20 weeks Will had been breeched and always measured on the big side on the ultrasound. The ultasound on this day showed that he was still breeched, his weight was off the charts (thought he was around 9 lbs at 3 weeks early!!) and it showed that the amniotic fluid was very low. The doctor was afraid that the fluid was low due to Will's multicystic kidney so he ordered a C-section for the next day!!! I was really nervous and excited at the same time. Good thing my mom was with me or I don't think I would have been able to drive home :-) The rest of the day consisted of going to the hospital to register and get blood drawn, getting things together for the hospital stay, and making tons of phone calls to friends and family. I couldn't eat after midnight that night so Mom and I went and had a big lunch at Cheddar's, my favorite restaurant. The rest of the day and night were kind of a blur. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night.
Wednesday 8/15/07
C-section scheduled for 7:30am so we had to arrive at 5:30. I didn't sleep much the night before so I got out of bed around 3:30 and took a shower. We all (me, Brandon, Mom and Dad) headed for the hospital around 4:45 or so. I got checked in, changed, shaved (yeah, that was fun), IV'd, and hooked up to all the monitor and then it was just a waiting game. Tried to relax and shut my eyes but sleep just wasn't going to happen so I just watched the news and talked to Brandon and my parents. They rolled me into the operating room and 7:30 and I got all scrubbed up, got my beautiful epidural and spinal block combo, and William Kenneth Lamb was born at 7:48 am (yeah, my doctor is really fast!!!). He was absolutely gorgeous. He weighed 8lbs 8 oz (very big for a boy that was 3 weeks early, glad I didn't go all the way to 40 weeks), and was 19 inches long. We stayed in the hospital for 3 days and finally came home on the 18th. Here's some pics from Will's birthday

No comments: