Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 16, 2008


In November of 2000 I was in college. I was in the middle of taking my first Political Science class (the first of many) during what turned out to be one of the most historic presidential elections....to date anyway. I stayed up late watching NBC, and during their coverage Tim Russert taught the viewing public (myself included) how the electoral process worked using a dry erase board. He taught it and explained it better than my own Poli Sci professor did!! Plus, he had all kinds of modern technology at his disposal, and he used a dry erase board. Classic.
Those that know me well, know that I have a passion for politics. So passionate, in fact, that many refuse to discuss politics with me. Well, except for my parents, and we really only talk about issues we agree on. On Friday, the world lost what I would say is the most influential political journalist of this time. In the last 72 hours I have watched countless programs about what a remarkable human being Tim Russert was. And he was remarkable. He will be greatly missed. This election is going to be one of historic magnitude, and the coverage of it will not be the same without him.




Tim Russert


1950-2008

1 comment:

Heather said...

I agree so much about Tim Russert. He's always been the one I relied on to give me the straight answer about political issues with no bias or bull sh!t. Just the case for each side of an issue. RIP.